Learn As I Go May 13, 2016 11:38
From my own point of view, curated from my own experiences, 'Learning As I Go' is an offering of information I have gathered, tasks I have conquered and sometimes talents I have excelled in.
My Little Business Bio
I own a very small women’s clothing store on the Upper East Side bordering Harlem. I took the business over from retiring family member Marjory Warren, lost the lease, relocated, Hurricane Sandy almost did me in, landlord was the Biggest Ass in the whole wide world, relocated again and am slowly building my business again.
What I have learned.
- A business background is a must. If you don’t have one, take classes
- Be flexible. Life and business are always fluid
- Nothing is free. If you ask for help, be ready to offer something in return….even if it is someday.
- Don’t lie to yourself. Own up!
- Educate yourself constantly. Absorb information wherever you can.
- If you don’t have the money learn how to do it yourself to the best of your abilities.
- There is no such word as Can’t!
- Just because it has been done doesn’t mean you can’t do it better........